Unexpected Weather and Storms can happen at any given moment. We are in the middle of Tropical Storm/Hurricane Season. Weather can have a huge impact on our lives and being prepared could be the difference from a life or death situation. Having a good game plan and an emergency kit can make this unpredictable situation into a more calming and controlled situation. Some ways you and your family can prepare for this kind of situation is as followed:
- Know different evacuation routes and always be ready to have a game plan. You don’t know what can happen in any given situation.
- Making sure that your cell phones/necessary electronics are fully charged and have portable chargers handy and fully charged.
- Have a safety/emergency kit ready for any given situation. Some things that are necessary are: Flashlights, Road Flares, Duct Tape, First Aid Kit, Medication, Canned Goods, Water, Blankets, A Change of Clothes, Battery Powered Radio, Garbage Bags, Hammer/Screwdriver/Wrench and make sure that this emergency kit is easily accessible for any given situation.
- Always have some sort of cash on you and visit the gas station early to fill up your gas tank.
- If you have any pets, make sure they have the necessary items for any given situation (food, water, leash, collar, etc).
- If you have a generator, make sure that it is in working order.
- Always think of the safety of you and your loved ones and make sure they are ready for multiple situations and outcomes.
Thinking ahead before the unexpected happens saves time and money without the headache of not being prepared. Unexpected weather may be out of our control, but how we prepare and respond to the conditions can only benefit you and your family in the long run.