The kids are going back to school, Fall is right around the corner and The Inspection Boys are ready for the month of September! During this time, it is a good idea to check your home inside and out for any repairs/maintenance that needs to be done before the changing season! Some things you can check around your home is:
- Check your walkway/driveway for any signs of cracks and/or damages. The last thing that anyone wants is to slip and fall.
- Clean and repair the siding of your home before the fast-approaching fall and winter months. We recommend power washing the siding of your home.
- Make sure the windows and doors of your home are caulked and sealed with the correct sealant to ensure any unwanted airflow in your home. Doing this will protect your home (and your heating bill) from heat escaping.
- Consider having your chimney swept before the temperatures fall so that way you and your family can use the fireplace. Having your chimney swept can clear away the built-up soot in the chimney so there is less of a risk of a chimney fire.
- Give your lawn equipment a little TLC. Checking your lawnmower, weed whacker, backpack blower, handheld blower, etc. can ensure a nice and smooth fall cleanup.
- Ordering firewood and wood pellets (if you have a pellet stove) would be a smart move to make before everyone starts having the same idea.
- As always, you should be regularly checking your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries if needed. Also, check the expiration date of your fire extinguisher and replace if needed.
- Inspect the roof and gutters for any damages and clear out debris from your gutters regularly.
These are just a few things you can do to improve the quality of your home for you and your family during the month of September!