The Fall season is right around the corner! The kids are back to school, the summer is officially over and The Inspection Boys are ready for the month of September! During this time, it is a good idea to check your home inside and out for any repairs/maintenance that needs to be done. Some things you can check around your home is:
- Laying mulch in your garden and/or flowerbeds;
- Start prepping and cleaning your fireplace/pellet stove for the colder months;
- Check gutters for any debris/leaves and clean regularly;
- Make sure that there is no airflow from the windows/doors in your home and repair if needed (broken seals/weatherstripping);
- Trim any unnecessary tree limbs/branches away from your roof/chimney;
- Clean the siding of your home;
- Inspect your roof for any damage and schedule a repair if needed; and finally;
- Test all smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms as well as inspecting your fire extinguisher within your home.
These are just a few things you can do to improve the quality of your home for you and your family during the Fall months!