The Inspection Boys are preparing for the month of July as well as Fourth of July Weekend and we are here to give you some tips and tricks for your backyard and home for the holiday weekend! During this time, it is a good idea to check your home inside and out for any repairs/maintenance that needs to be done before! Some things you can check around your home is:
- Test your smoke detectors. Doing this can give you peace of mind when it comes to your family’s safety. Replace batteries if needed.
- If you have not already done so, clean your A/C unit and consider getting your A/C unit serviced. Your family will thank you for it.
- Dust your ceiling fan blades and reverse the rotation of the ceiling fan blades to ensure a cool environment.
- If you like to leave the windows open to let in the nice cool summer breeze, consider cleaning your window and window tracks on the inside.
- Declutter and clean out any unnecessary items that you have no need for anymore. Doing this frees up space for new and exciting things.
- Check over your deck/outdoor patio for any cracks, damages, loose railings, nails, screws, etc. that may pose a threat to your family and friends and replace/repair if necessary.
- Power wash the side of your house and your deck.
- Wash the outside of your windows.
- Check for any outdoor leaks and repair immediately.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts. The thunderstorms and heavy rain during the summer is no joke.
- Inspect the caulking around the doors and windows of your home and re-caulk if needed. This will protect your home from any unwanted bugs in your home.
- If you have a pool/hot tub/spa, make sure the pH levels are good to go and maintain all season long so you can enjoy it all season long.
- Touch up the paint on the outside of your home.
- Spruce up the shrubs/trees/flower beds around the yard.
These are just a few ways to maintain your home for the month of July and for Fourth of July Weekend! Happy 4th of July from The Inspection Boys!