We are at the very beginning of a cold and snowy winter season and The Inspection Boys are ready for the month of December! This time of year is always insane due to the fact of the unpredictable weather conditions plus the holiday season. During this time, it is a good idea to check your home inside and out for any repairs/maintenance that needs to be done before the heavy snow fall and terrible weather conditions come around. Some things you can check around your home is:
- Turn off the outside water lines and disconnect any hoses you have and store them away properly until the Spring.
- Make sure all your gas powered lawn equipment is properly drained, winterized and stored away for the Winter.
- If you have any low hanging tree limbs in your yard, now would be the time to cut them due to heavy snow build up on tree limbs causes them to snap and could be potentially dangerous.
- If you haven’t done so already, take the necessary precautions to get your Winter equipment ready such as snow blowers.
- Make sure you have snow shovels, ice melt, window scrapers, and below freezing windshield washer fluid ready to tackle the clean up from these winter storms.
- Replace screen doors with storm doors. And finally;
- Add and replace any weatherstripping and/or caulking to any drafty doors and windows.
These are just a few things you can do to improve the quality of your home for you and your family during the month of December!