Being a First Time Home Buyer is an extremely exciting time of your life and also an extremely stressful time of your life. Being a home owner comes with an over bearing amount of responsibilities but have no fear, The Inspection Boys are here and we are going to give you some tips and tricks on First Time Home Buying to make your experience a little less nerve racking.
First Time Home Buyer Tips and Tricks
- Be realistic and come to a realization of how much house you need and how much house you can afford.
- Pay off as much debt as you can before becoming a First Time Home Buyer.
- Make sure you have an emergency fund built. Being a First Time Home Buyer comes with a huge responsibility and at any given moment, things happen.
- Save up for a down payment. The idealistic down payment would be at least 20%.
- Save for closing costs. The average closing costs are usually 3-4%.
- Get preapproved for a loan. This will make the home buying process even easier because it shows that you are a serious buyer and ready to commit.
- Do a little research about the areas you are looking to buy your home in. Research schools, surrounding areas, parks, restaurants, etc. And see if this will be the best area for you.
- Once you’ve found the area that you want to live in, visit some open houses in the area and learn more about the area in which you want to live in.
- Once you’ve found the “perfect home”, it is time to make an offer. Make a serious offer that is within your budget.
- GET A HOME INSPECTION BY THE INSPECTION BOYS! Getting a home inspection is the most important thing you can possibly do when looking to buy a home! The Inspection Boys Home Inspections are Home Inspectors That Inspect and Respect Your Home! And finally;
- Once the seller has taken your offer, congratulations, you are a first time home buyer. Start preparing for closing!
These are just a few tips and tricks that you can use for First Time Home Buying! For more information about The Inspection Boys, check out our website at www.TheInspectionBoys.com!