We are in the middle of Fall and The Inspection Boys are here to give you some tips and tricks on how you can prepare your home and yard during this time! There are plenty of ways to maintain your yard and home during these months. However, we are here to suggest some of the top priorities to you and your family. Some suggestions are;
- Trim and maintain trees and bushes before the winter arrives.
- Getting into a routine of raking your leaves regularly.
- Cleaning your gutters and downspouts from any debris will make the drainage much easier during the winter months and you will not have much blockage.
- Check your driveway/walkway for any cracks/damage and repair if needed. This will make it easier for a safer environment during the winter months.
- Stocking up on wood pellets, fire wood, fire starter, ice scrapers, water, ice melt, blankets, shovels, emergency kits, etc is key to be ahead of the game during a winter storm. Having these materials will only benefit you and your family during this time.
- Adding weatherstripping/seals around window frames and doors allows no heat to escape and minimizes drafts. And lastly;
- Make sure all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are in working order and change the batteries if needed.
These are just a few ways you can jump start your maintenance schedule for the Fall through the Winter and to maximize your efforts for the colder months to come.